Corona Brick Pavers
Brick pavers are usually made from fired clay before they are secured using mortar. They are the preferred paving material.
Call us at (951) 482-7781 for installation of brick pavers in Corona.
They are more popular than concrete for several reasons. Some of the benefits of brick pavers include:
- Ability to retain color. Bricks have a natural color. To create bricks, different types of clays are mixed. As compared to concrete, bricks can retain color especially in areas with direct sunlight.
- Durable. While bricks can crack or chip over time or when exposed to pressure, they are also very durable. However, concrete tends to erode and fade over time.
- Little maintenance. Bricks can resist staining. They don't require a lot of maintenance and cleaning like it is the case with concrete pavers.
- Timeless. Bricks tend to have a unique look and style. An eroded and old brick will still retain its charm, unlike a cracked or chipped concrete that has a dull appearance.
- Design. If you need an aesthetically pleasing paving surface, you should choose brick pavers. These can fit any type of home style. Brick paving can provide a more attractive surface as compared to the poured concrete. It is also possible to arrange brick pavers in a variety of patterns.
Care And Maintenance of Brick Pavers
Brick pavers will erode over time especially when they are exposed to moisture and the sun’s ultraviolet rays. To extend the lifespan of your brick pavers, you need to maintain them properly. With proper maintenance, your brick pavers can last for as long as 25 years.
You should wash your brick paver driveway at least once in a year using a pressure washer. Ensure that all dirt and weeds between bricks are removed. After the surface has dried, put flash sand in between joints. If you have mortared pavers, repair the cracks using mortar allowing them time to dry.
To make your pavers more durable, ensure that the bricks have been sealed after washing. Unsealing can cause the peeling and flaking of clay. You can use a good pump sprayer to apply the sealer. Alternatively, the sealer can be brushed or rolled over the surface.
When doing paver driveway sealing, you can use a product that has been designed for clay brick-like a siloxane-based sealer to protect you without interfering with the look of the brick. Don’t use a gloss-finish sealer that can cause a splotchy surface. However, some wet look sealers can look shiny without producing gross.
Installation of Brick Pavers
The concrete contractor can set the brick pavers on a base of mortar or paver sand. A properly prepared base is a major factor affecting the lifespan of the brick paver. The expertise of the masonry contractor will also affect the lifespan of your pavers.
If you need a qualified and experienced contractor, get in touch with Corona Concrete And Masonry at (951) 482-7781.